The current forced displacement situation is ongoing and as such there are numerous opportunities to get involved meaningfully. Whatever your skill set, with a little searching there will almost certainly be a role that you could fulfill, whether it is working at an organization or starting your own project.
If you are a student at Vassar, you can get involved in many ways:
- Apply to be on Vassar Refugee Solidarity Student Leadership Team to head one of our existing projects or start a new one. For more information on this, contact Anish Kanoria (email@example.com).
- Get in touch with Lisa Kaul (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the newly created Vassar Office of Community-Engaged Learning to get involved locally
- Volunteer to be a general body member and step-up when needed. For more information on this, contact Anish Kanoria (email@example.com).
- The Vassar Career Development Office (CDO) publishes extensive listings of internship opportunities, most of which are available even if you do not go to Vassar. There are many listing and directories in which you can search for refugee-related internships.
We have a wonderful group of affiliate organizations who we are working with. Learn more about any of them by clicking on the links below!
- Vassar Temple
- Christ Episcopal Church
- Mid-Hudson Islamic Association and Masjid Al-Noor
- First Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Unitarian Universalist Congregation at Rock Tavern
- Shir Chadash
- Freedom Plains Presbyterian Church
- Temple Beth El
- Reconstructionist Synagogue, New Paltz
- Beacon Hebrew Union Alliance
- Church of the Messiah, Rhinebeck
- Goodwill Church
- Redeemer Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Vassar College and the Vassar Refugee Solidarity Initiative
- Mount St Mary College
- Bard College
- SUNY New Paltz
- SUNY, Dutchess County Community College
- Marist College and the Marist Center for Civic Engagement and Leadership
- Culinary Institute of America
- Dutchess County Interfaith Council
- Greater Newburgh Interfaith Council
- VFW Post 8645, New Paltz
- Veterans for Peace Hudson Valley Chapter 177
- Hudson Valley Chapter of the United Nations Association
- Hudson Valley Chapter of Amnesty International
- Rabbi Erwin Zimet Memorial Institute
Mid-Hudson Refugee Solidarity Alliance Partners